Mentors of MUSE interns are encouraged to fulfill a small set of expectations. MUSE will prioritize future internship applications from those mentors/departments who fulfill these expectations.
- Please mention MUSE as a co-sponsor on any official documentation or in any marketing efforts related to the internship, including job postings. (Please note that it is the campus office’s responsibility to interview and hire an intern. If needed, MUSE can provide additional advertising and other assistance, but we do not participate in the actual hiring process.)
- Once you have hired an intern, it is highly recommended that the campus office complete an ePAF for the intern and use chartfield to create a 50/50 split in compensation (50% from MUSE and 50% from the campus office).
- Provide the intern with an challenging, guided, and meaningful experience throughout the semester.
- Once you have hired an intern, be sure to complete the Intern Contact Form (provided by MUSE).
- MUSE will provide two surveys for the mentor to complete, in order to evaluate the goals and results of the internship. Complete the Mentor Pre-Survey by the first week of the semester, and the Post-Survey by the last week of the semester.
- MUSE will provide two surveys for the intern to complete, in order to evaluate the goals and results of the internship from the student’s perspective. Ensure your intern completes and submits the Intern Pre-Survey and Post-Survey.
- Each semester, MUSE will host two socials for all MUSE Interns. Emphasize the importance of your intern’s attendance at these socials. (Mentors are highly encouraged to attend the socials, as well.)
- Encourage your intern to participate in MUSE events. (Mentors are welcome to attend all MUSE events, as well.)
- Promptly inform MUSE of any termination or change in the hired intern.
*MUSE’s chartfield will be provided upon approval of the internship. If your office is not able to use this method for funding, please promptly notify MUSE prior to hiring your intern so that alternative sponsorship arrangements can be made.
*If you would like additional help advertising an open internship position to the University student body, MUSE will gladly assist. Please contact Libby Henriksenat (801) 587-3172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.